By Kim Jones, Chairman and CEO, Curriki
When assembling a library of Open Educational Resources that will best meet their educational goals for their students, teachers have a lot of factors to consider. The resources have to be relevant. They have to meet standards. They have to make your life easier. They have to engage your students. They have to be economical – or, better yet, free. They have to be top-quality.
Why Curriki? Top Reasons
Here are the Top 10 reasons teachers and homeschoolers should use Curriki for their OER Library:
- Curriki is free, a great alternative to costly textbooks.
- Curriki’s Open Educational Resources are consistently top-notch – the nonprofit even won a 2017 CODiE award for the quality of its educational resources.
- Curriki offers OER for every grade level from K-12.
- Curriki offers OER in every subject area, from English to foreign languages to STEM and more.
- Curriki OER is created by teachers for teachers – and also by select partners with expertise in the areas being taught, such as Learn Liberty, Oracle and the Constitution Center – for others for use, adapt and share at no cost.
- Curriki curates resources into course-sequenced, standards-aligned units to make it easy to find materials.
- Curriki gives teachers the opportunity to share the learning resources they are most proud of with other teachers.
- Curriki OER is perfect for lesson plans, offering worksheets, activities, videos, interactive learning and more.
- Curriki materials offer you complete flexibility, as they are easily revised or adjusted with no ownership rights.
- Curriki has partnered with some awesome content providers to give your students the best educational experience — including NASCAR, Oracle, AT&T, Learn Liberty, PBS Kids, Smithsonian magazine and too many more to count.
- Curriki offers more than 262,000 educator-vetted learning materials in all K-12 subject areas and in many formats — from individual lesson plans, instructional videos and units, to games and simulations.
- Curriki’s library is constantly expanding
- Curriki has long arms — with more than 559,000 members, it has reached more than 14 million users worldwide!
- Curriki is community. Curriki’s online community of educators, learners and committed education experts works together to create quality materials that benefit teachers, parents and students globally.
Monthly Featured Resources
Every month we feature fresh resources on the Curriki home page. Drop by regularly to see what’s new and interesting! This month you’ll find two high school course-based collections:
- English 10 – This course prepares high school sophomores for continued study in college preparatory work, often AP English Language or Literature. https://library.curriki.org/oer/English-10-26557/
- AP Computer Science Principles Course– This course introduces students to the creative aspects of programming, abstractions, algorithms, large data sets, and more! https://library.curriki.org/oer/AP-Computer-Science-Principles-Course/
Find What You Need
The links below help you quickly find Curriki resources by grade span:
Browse Curriki’s entire resource library.
Support Curriki’s Mission
Curriki’s mission is to eliminate the gap between those who have access to high-quality education and those who do not. By supporting Curriki, you’re supporting the have-nots!
Join today at curriki.org. And spread the word!
Kim Jones is the Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Curriki. Kim is active in driving policy initiatives and is regularly featured as an honorary speaker on the impact of technology in education at influential meetings around the world. Learn more at Curriki.org.
Follow Curriki on YouTube — we have a number of fascinating, educational new videos!