By Janet Pinto, Chief Academic Officer, Curriki
Find out what the most popular STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) Curriki resources are by checking out this top 10 list. Remember, all of these resources are free and you can customize them to fit your needs. For more Curated Collections, visit Curriki.
- Evolution of Earth – 6-week high school unit where students learn about the evolution of earth, its formation, features, and changes over time.
2. FHSST Chemistry textbook – contains a total of 23 chapters to be used in grades 10 through 12.
3. Getting Started With Java Using Alice – students with little or no programming experience can learn basic Java programming concepts to create animated stories, movies and games.
4. Algebra 1 – this collection consists of an entire Algebra I course of videos created by Salman Khan for the Khan Academy.
5. Math Lessons, Activities, and Problems – organized by subject (trigonometry, algebra, calculus, statistics, and more) for grades 6-12.
6. Curriki Geometry – this course offers six complete projects; all the projects are designed in a project-based learning (PBL) format.
7. Coordinate Graphing – a fun game that helps with coordinate points in the four different quadrants.
8. Systems of the Human Body – includes worksheets on the systems of the human body.
9. Chemistry, Grades 10-12, Matter and Materials – this resource is part of the FHSST Chemistry collection and contains 10 chapters.
10. Geometry Bingo – a bingo game involving visuals to help students learn and identify key vocabulary for geometry at the 5th and 6th grade levels.
Know a fellow STEM fan? Please pass this valuable list on to him/her.