Free Children and Teen eBooks for Kindle Reader
There are some wonderful free ebooks for children and teenage readers available if you have either a Kindle, the Kindle app for PC or Mac, or an iOS device running the free Kindle app. Below are just a few:
For other free ebooks, check out these for children and these for teen readers.
- Farm Girl - Set in the Dust Bowl of the American West, this is the true account of a child coming of age on a 1920's Nebraska farm.
- Jimmy the Racing Frog - Jimmy wanted to be a race car driver from the time he was a tiny egg in the pond. As a full-grown frog, he discovered that living your dreams is sometimes about learning to take what life gives you and use your experience to do something great.
- Burly and Grum and the Secret City - Burlington Bear, Grum the groblin, and Max are best friends. Burly and Grum show Max a secret city in the the middle of the forest, but hunters are tracking them down.
- The Takers: Book One of the Oz Chronicles - The first volume in The Oz Chronicles recalls both Stephen King's The Stand and L. Frank Baum's The Wizard of Oz. When 13-year-old Osmond "Oz" Griffith wakes from an illness on the floor of his closet, he discovers the world overrun by man-eating monsters, the Takers, and it's largely his fault.
- Busy Bees 123 - Teach your child to count with the Busy Bees. There are lots of colorful things to count on every page as the Busy Bees lead you through the numbers 1-10.
- Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You - It is a timeless story that deals with the everyday issue of intolerance, especially regarding physical difference and disability. It is written in a wonderful nonsensical rhyme.
- The Mouse and the Christmas Cake - This is a poem about a mouse who builds a house in a decoration castle on top of a Christmas cake.
- The Wicked Passage - Eighth-grader Blake Wyatt was three when his father died, and the responsibilities of going to school and being the "man of the house" overwhelm him. His world changes forever when a mysterious substitute teacher unveils the Wyatt family legacy, a beautiful jeweled book, the Chronicle of the Rellium.
- The Golden Acorn - When Jack Brenin finds a golden acorn lying in the grass, little does he know that it is the beginning of a thrilling and magical adventure.
- The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Hungry Pig - This is a silly twist on the classic story of The Three Little Pigs where the three little wolves decide to build their homes out of dessert. The big, bad, hungry pig wants to destroy their homes, but the smart little wolf has a plan for him.
- Flanagan, Underage Detective - His name is Juan Anguera. He's a fourteen-year-old student living in the turbulent environment of suburban Barcelona. But everybody calls him Flanagan, and he's an amateur detective.