[Note: This assessment is available for download as a pdf and doc file here:
Gravitation Assessment (pdf)
Gravitation Assessment (doc)
Due Date: ____________________
Lesson: Universal Law of Gravitation
(1) Calculate your mass:
- How much do you weigh in pounds?
- Calculate how much you weigh in kilograms:
- How many kilograms are there in one pound?
- Multiply the number you found in the previous question by your weight:
- What is the Universal Law of Gravitation for objects on Earth’s surface?
- Substitute your weight and g into the equation you wrote in the previous question
- Find your mass:
(2) Find two to three facts about Newton from your readings that you found particularly interesting (record them below). Come to class prepared to share them....