About 2-4 weeks before beginning the unit- Preplanning.
- Obtain parent and superintendent approval and determine supervising educator
- Address technology issues to prepare for unit (in teacher section)
- Select content to be addressed in the unit
- Pre-assess student
- Determine how often to check in with student (about once a week, could be via email or as available)
Week 1- Planning
- Day 1-2- Join the Scratch community and browse Science games.
- Day 3- Explore the guides and forum for use.
- Day 4-5- Create a storyboard for your game and meet with your teacher to evaluate.
Weeks 2 and 3- Design and Evaluate
- Days 6-9- Download Scratch and begin to design game. Begin blog entries.
- Day 10 (approximately)- Meet with your teacher to discuss progress.
- Days 11-14- Continue to design and refine game in preparation for sharing.
- Day 15- (approximately)- Meet with your teacher to determine if you are ready to share.
Week 4- Share
- Day 16-19- Student prepares to share game online on Scratch or in school. Student gathers feedback to make further revisions.
- Day 20- Student and teacher evaluate game together to determine if game can be extended or if a new game can be created. Student may also choose to explore other game design tools.
Word document available here
for modifying timeline.