About 2-4 weeks before beginning the unit- Preplanning.
- Obtain parent and superintendent approval and determine supervising educator
- Address technology issues to prepare for unit (in teacher section)
- Select content to be addressed in the unit
- Pre-assess student
- Determine how often to check in with student (about once a week, could be via email or as available)
Week 1- Background Knowledge
- Day 1-4- Allow student to browse videos, iTunes, and take virtual field trips while taking notes on terms and locations for further study.
- Day 5- Students continue to investigate resources while refining and categorizing list of terms.
Weeks 2 and 3- Gather Information and Data
- Days 6-9- Students use self-generated list of terms and search websites to determine whether or not terms are relevant to their location of interest.
- Day 10 (approximately)- Create preliminary storyboard of documentary using information gathered.
- Days 11-13-Students use data websites to find real-time data about plate movement using websites available.
- Day 14 (approximately)- Student creates preliminary graph of data in a way that can be incorporated into the documentary.
- Day 15 (approximately)- Students modify storyboard to include data gathering.
Week 4- Final Product
- Day 16-19- Student creates one of the four final products.
- Day 20- Student and teacher evaluate final product to determine if revisions are necessary.
Word document available TimelinePT.dochere
for modifying timeline.