The Trading Game engages students in a trading simulation designed to illustrate a complex marketplace in which goods and services are traded. Through several rounds of trade, students will see that the broader their access to trade, and the more choices they have for solutions to their problems, the greater their satisfaction.
- A large number of small, easily-exchanged items (e.g., miniature candy bars, boxes of raisins, small toys, packages of sticky notes, pencils, stickers, etc.)
- Items that go well together like a portable makeup mirror and a hairbrush or comb that can then be put into separate bags.
- Packages of items that have multiples in them like a box of candy bars, etc.
- The Trading Game is best used within the rst two weeks of class.
- The students will not require any prior knowledge to successfully participate in The Trading Game.