Name: __________________________________ Do Now
August 15, 2005 History - ____
Do Now #1
Expectations and Empowerment
Welcome to seventh grade history. I am very excited to be teaching the Pride of 2011 at GCP this year. Seventh grade history is my favorite course, and seventh graders are my favorite students to teach. (More on that later….) We have HUGE year ahead of us, and we must make every second of summer school count.
Directions: Silently complete the sentences below. Most of this should be review for everyone.
1. Before I enter Mr. Lindy’s classroom, I will be sure I have my n_________________, p___________________, b_________________, and p___________.
2. I will be sure to have a ___________________________ on my face and that I say “__________________________________________________.”
3. While working on my Do Now, my eyes _______________________________, and my hands should never __________________________________________.
4. As soon as I complete my Do Now, I record my _____________________ in my __________________________.
5. I use the rest of the time to check over my _______________________________ and find ways to go __________________________ and _______________________.
6. In history class last year, I learned _________________________________________
Above and Beyond: In the space below write a few sentences or draw a picture about something you want to study in 7th grade history or something that makes you excited to be in this class.