Risks & Rewards of Entrepreneurship includes a text-workbook and a teacher's resource guide. The text-workbook is made up of the following four sections:
• Section 1: Can I Be an Entrepreneur?
• Section 2: What Experiences Have I Had?
• Section 3: What Type of Business Could I Start?
• Section 4: How Can I Prepare to Be My Own Boss?
Each section in the text-workbook contains the following components:
• Introduction. This is a short description of the subject matter to be covered in the section entitled…What Is This Section About? .
• Objectives. Presented at the beginning of each section, the objectives inform the students of what they will gain by completing the section. .
• Content. Drawn from research-based materials, the content imparts subject-matter information.
• Profiles. These activities, sequenced throughout the module enable the students to collect
personal information that can be used as the basis for a personal portfolio upon the completion
of the module. This portfolio could be used in job interviews, business (investor) interviews,
competitive events and continuing self-development.
• Additional Activities. At the end of each section are additional student activities. You may wish to assist the students in selecting the activities that best meet their individual needs and your time
In addition, a glossary is provided at the end of the student module that presents simple definitions of the