English 10B Punctuation Worksheet – Answer Key
Add punctuation to each of the following sentences where it is needed. You will use commas, semicolons, colons, and apostrophes. Some sentences may not need punctuation.
1. The Serings grow peas, beans, and squash in their garden. (2nd comma optional)
2. During a full moon, Matt turns into a werewolf.
3. The cat enjoys lying in the sun and playing with its catnip toy.
4. John, Alex, and Maddie were invited to Emily’s party; Derek was not. (2nd comma optional)
5. If you don’t show up to work on time, you will be fired.
6. I like many sports, especially pickle ball, shuffleboard, and kickball.
7. David is interested in knitting; consequently, he signed up for a class at the Senior Center.
8. Krista’s insect collection includes ants, scorpions, and tarantulas.
9. Before you begin painting, gather the following things: a brush, an easel, and paints.
10. Running as fast as she could, Brittany crossed the finish line ahead of her competitors.
11. That is a dirty rusty car you are driving, Colin.
12. After the storm ended, there was a huge mess to clean up.
13. I’m not sure why Jared brought a dolphin to school.
14. Both Kristens were abducted by aliens, but they escaped from the ship.
15. Make sure you dot your i’s and cross your t’s.
16. Yes, I thought the Fitzsimmons’ dog had rabies, too.
17. Everyone needs the same basic things: food, water, and shelter.
18. Gosh, that stings.
19. Three of the girls’ Trapper Keepers were stolen.
20. Peter, you really should start showering more often.
21. There are two Matts, two Kristens, and two Kaylas in this class.
22. Exhausted by the workout, Kara sat on the bleachers and caught her breath.
23. The room was filled with flying ants when I got to school.
24. Andrew got bird flu, and he puked all over Mr. Murphy.
25. If you want to go to Disneyworld, you’d better eat your peas, Rachel.
26. When he landed on the moon, Chris mooned the video camera.
27. I think Dayne has leprosy; one of his arms just fell off.
28. Brett, you didn’t teepee the Lovejoys’ house, did you?
29. Three little old ladies beat up Billy with their walkers.
30. Lizzie wanted the last piece of taco pizza; however, Joe grabbed it when she wasn’t looking.