Student Name_________________________________ Date
Please fill in the space with the correct term.
1. Cells in the eye that respond to light are called ____________________.
2. ____________ and _____________ are 2 types of photoreceptors.
3. Rods are most sensitive to changes in _______________ and ______________,
___________ and ______________________. Rods are not good for ____________ vision.
4. Cones are most sensitive to ____________________. And they only work in bright ________.
5. One part of the retina does NOT contain any photoreceptors. This is our _______ _______.
Using all the words you've listed above, create a mind map. Use the word PHOTORECEPTORS as the center terms. Remember that a mind map must have a lot illustrations. Review your mind map directions if that would be helpful. This mind map must be included in your learning journal/portfolio. Use a separate piece of paper, lots of colors and your best labeling skills. Good luck.