[Note: this assessment is available to download as a pdf and doc file:
Newton's Two Laws of Motion Assessment (pdf)
Newton's Two Laws of Motion Assessment (doc)
Due Date: _____________________
Lesson: Newton’s Laws of Motion
(1) What are Newton’s Three Laws of Motion?
(2) What happens to the inertia of an object if its mass is decreased?
(3) If you are applying the brakes on your bicycle, and, you are slowing down, are you accelerating? Why or why not?
(4) What is the formula that summarizes Newton’s second law?
(5) A brick is sitting on a table. The force of gravity pushes down on the brick. What prevents the brick from accelerating downward and falling through the table?