This unit will introduce students to magnets. It will provide an overview of what a magnet is, what kinds of objects are magnetic, and how magnets are used in everyday life. Students will participate in hands-on activities, using the scientific process to discover answers to their questions about magnets.
- Lesson #1: What do we Know about Magnets?
- Lesson #2: Are you Magnetic? (Part 1)
- Lesson #3: Are you Magnetic? (Part 2)
- Lesson #4: Magnetic Force Field
- Lesson #5: The Strength of a Magnet
- Lesson #6: Exploring Magnetic Poles (Part 1)
- Lesson #7: Exploring Magnetic Poles (Part 2)
- Lesson #8: The Power of Magnets
- Lesson #9: Making a Magnetic Compass
- Lesson #10: Compass Treasure Hunt
- Lesson #11: Unit Review and Final Evaluation
Unit Resources include:
- Vocabulary Cards
- No Magnets Sign
- KWL Chart
- Are You Magnetic?
- Magnetic Force Field
- The Strength of a Magnet
- Exploring Magnetic Poles
- The Power of Magnets
- Compass Treasure Hunt
- Magnet Assessment