Lasting Ideas & Results:
(1) What is a rational number?
(2) What are integers?
(3) Visualizing fractions as part of a whole
(1) How do numbers relate to one another?
(2) How do you rank fractions?
(3) How do you solve absolute value problems?
Desired Learner Outcomes:
|Students will be able to…||Students will know…|
|(1) Use a number line to answer simple problems||(1) The definition of integers and rational numbers|
|(2) Visualize fractions||(2) The physical relation of fractions on a number line|
|(3) Rank fractions|| |
|(4) Find the opposite of a given number or equation|| |
|(5) Solve simple absolute value equations|| |
Click the link below to access the Rational Numbers Video.
May be used as a whole-class lesson. May also ask students to view as homework, classwork, small group work.
Rational Numbers Video