How to add fractions.
Lasting Ideas & Results:
(1) Understanding how to add fractions with the same denominator
(2) Understanding when to find a least common denominator
(3) Understand how to find a least common denominator
(1) What is the rule for adding fractions
(2) How to evaluate an addition problem
(3) How do you find equivalent fractions?
(4) How to add once you find a common denominator
(5) How to draw a pictorial representation of a fraction
Desired Learner Outcomes:
|Students will be able to…||Students will know…|
|(1) Identify equivalent fractions||(1)The rule for adding fractions|
|(2) Multiply and divide in order to find equivalent fractions||(2) The process for adding fractions|
|(3) Add and subtract fractions|| |
Play the Adding and Subtracting Fractions
video for students. This video introduces the basics of adding and subtracting fractions by solving several simple equations.
Appropriate as whole class activity, small group activity, or individual assignment.
Adding and Subtracting Fractions