The U S Census publishes data on all aspects of the population that can provide information for all types of market research and business development projects. As a teacher you will want to encourage students to use this data to do the following.
• Gauge the competition
• Calculate market share
• Locate business markets
• Study business markets
• Locate distributors or resellers
• Site location
• Design sales territories and set sales quotas
• Evaluate investment opportunities
• Evaluate new business opportunities
• Enhance business opportunity presentations
• Public policy and statisticsThe activity supports the Entrepreneurship Content Standards/Performance Indicators as follows:
• A.24 Use external resources to supplement entrepreneur’s expertise,
• A.31 Use creativity in business activities/decisions,
• D.09 Explain the nature of written communications
This resource is part of the Entrepreneurship Learning Activities collection.