- Created by: Darlene Diaz, Santiago Canyon College
2. Type of activity: hands on activity, individual, small group problem solving (paper and pencil))
3. Course level: Basic (Essential) Math
4. Topic: Geometry
5. Materials: none
6. Time required: < 15 minutes
7. Description: This is a visual activity where students must visualize a shape and then identify it in the room. Students will learn to see how everyday objects are geometric and remember what they look like for the exam.
8. Implementation notes (follow up/discussion questions, pedagogical recommendations, etc.)
- Try to encourage the students to look all around the room. You could even do examples outside the room. For example, what object in the world is shaped as a sphere?
- Also, try to have the students who rarely participate take part by calling on them.
9. Related activities (Is this activity related to another activity found here or on a different site?)