050 - Energy Changing Processes

In this video Paul Andersen explains how energy can enter and leave a system. The amount of energy a substance can receive through heating or lose through cooling is measured using the specific heat capacity. Phase changing energy from solid to liquid is known as the enthalpy of fusion and phase-changing energy from a liquid to a gas is known as the enthalpy of vaporization. The energy leaving or entering a chemical reaction is the enthalpy of reaction.

Non-profit Tax ID # 203478467