Food Pyramids in Other Countries
Research a food guide/pyramid in a country or region other than the United States of America. You are welcome to use the internet and the specific websites listed below to help you find your information. Think about how the pyramid compares to other pyramids and why those differences exist. Write a summary paper of the pyramid you investigate. Use the suggestions below to guide your summary paper. Also, illustrate the food pyramid with examples of foods in each category.
• Summary: consider comparing the pyramid to the US food pyramid.
• Explain reasons why the pyramids might be different.
• Offer examples of menu items this region has and how that fits with the food guide.
• Explain any cultural influence on the food guide (ie religious, political, economical influences)
• Does this information help you to understand something about the region?
• Be colorful
• Offer examples of different foods at each level
• Think of ways this will help you when you develop your pop-up book
| Category|| Exceeds Expectations|| Meets Expectations||Emerging |
|Summary Paper ||Demonstrates understanding of application of the food pyramid by writing a 2 page summary of a foreign food pyramid. ||Demonstrates understanding of application of the food pyramid by writing a one page summary of the food guide in the assigned region.||Summary is less than 1 page.|
| Food Pyramid Illustrations||Includes an illustration with 3 examples of foods in each category. Illustration is accurate for the region, clear and neatly drawn.||Includes an illustration of the food guide pyramid of the region. |
Illustration is accurate for the region, clear and neatly drawn.
|Food guide pyramid includes no examples of food. |
Helpful websites for researching food pyramids: